We all have lots to complain about in terms of Galaxy Note 8 landing on our Samsung phones. Right now it’s the slow rollout of Oreo, but we’ll soon really feel exactly the same way about the subsequent a single. But occasionally it isn’t Samsung’s fault that you just do not yet have the latest update - issues with carriers and even the present software program on your telephone can avoid your phone from downloading an update even when it is actually “available” to your model.
That’s exactly where Samsung’s personal desktop computer software, Intelligent Switch, comes in. Regardless of its core function getting backing up and restoring data when switching phones, it has the added advantage of having the ability to download and update the application on your Samsung phone. Here’s how it functions.
Ways to manually update your Samsung phone making use of Intelligent Switch
1. Visit Samsung’s Clever Switch web-site and download for Pc or Mac.
2. Install and open Sensible Switch in your laptop and connect your phone via its USB cable.
3. In the event you have not plugged in to your personal computer just before, tap Let on the pop-up in your telephone to give it access.
If Intelligent Switch does not recognize the phone, click the menu in Intelligent Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.
4. Immediately after a few moments, your telephone is going to be recognized by Wise Switch and you are going to see several selections around the key screen for backing up and restoring. You don’t will need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.
5. A software program verify is performed when you plug in, and Sensible Switch will list your present application particulars. If there is a computer software update offered for the telephone, you are going to be notified around the key screen.
6. If out there, Click Update to install the latest application. It will download initially to your pc, then sideload for your telephone.
The phone will reboot, and also the method will take roughly 10 minutes.
7. If this will likely be your preferred update strategy going forward, click the menu (Preferences on Mac) in Clever Switch, click Galaxy Note 8 and check the box for Update Pre-Download.
When HTC updates is accessible for the telephone, Sensible Switch will download it then apply the next time you plug in.
To become clear, this isn’t going to force an update onto your phone that Samsung has but to release. Unless Samsung and your carrier (exactly where applicable) have signed off on and released an update for your precise phone, there is no solution to get it.